Originally published 07/06/2016
In an article in TomDispatch Turse reminds us that contemporary generals like David Petraeus have taken a markedly different path than Ike and George Marshall.
Originally published 06/13/2016
David Petraeus says of all the people profiled in obits in the NYT he’d want to have dinner with U.S. Grant
"In my view, Grant stands alone among American military leaders as hugely impressive at all three levels of war:"
Originally published 01/19/2016
Defense Secretary Ash Carter is thinking of penalizing David Petraeus once again. This is wrong.
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- Massive Data Project Will Help People Identify Enslaved Ancestors
- U.S. Democracy Experienced Biggest Drop In 40 Years
- New Fox Series: Bill Clinton's Scandals
- Thailand drops royal insult charges against elderly historian
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ
- AHA asks members to "Help Protect the Census"
- Sports Historian Explains Why She Wrote that the NCAA is the Modern Jim Crow
- Ibram X. Kendi says "The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial”
- Historians Call Trump’s ‘Sh*thole’ Comment "The Most Openly Racist by a President in Decades"