Originally published 07/06/2016
In an article in TomDispatch Turse reminds us that contemporary generals like David Petraeus have taken a markedly different path than Ike and George Marshall.
Originally published 06/13/2016
David Petraeus says of all the people profiled in obits in the NYT he’d want to have dinner with U.S. Grant
"In my view, Grant stands alone among American military leaders as hugely impressive at all three levels of war:"
Originally published 01/19/2016
Defense Secretary Ash Carter is thinking of penalizing David Petraeus once again. This is wrong.
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations