SOURCE: New York Magazine
Does Racial Justice Depend on Avoiding White Backlash?
Two political scientists have concluded that emphasizing the class-based redistribution of policies will help the Democrats win more support. Critics argue that this finding is being used to sweep demands for racial equity under the rug.
Was Thomas Jefferson Right? Can We Guarantee Our Pursuit of Equal Happiness by Canceling All Our Debts Every Nineteen Years?
by Thomas Fleming
James Madison thought he was horribly wrong. Pope Francis, who has called for the redistribution of wealth, should understand why.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of