freedom of speech
‘We Are More’ (Freedom Of Speech Vs Freedoms Of Immigrants In Canada)
by Neil Karpenko
In the democratic country, which our veterans fought for, nobody has the right to decide for others how to express feelings, what and on what occasion to wear.
SOURCE: The Times
Join my Nato or watch critical thinking die
by Niall Ferguson
A new red army is out to silence debate. We must rise up and resist it.
SOURCE: The Guardian
Niall Ferguson isn’t upset about free speech. He’s upset about being challenged
by Dawn Foster
Powerful people used to express their views on others unopposed. Now their targets fight back, they find it intolerable.
Has Wheaton Betrayed Its Origins?
by Don James McLaughlin
While it’s impossible to say what Wheaton's founder would have thought of the school's latest controversy, as an abolitionist he stood up for intellectual freedom.
SOURCE: Inside Higher Ed
What happened to freedom of speech?
by Jonathan Zimmerman
We need to educate our students against bigotry without turning our backs on the Constitution.
- The Debt Ceiling Law is now a Tool of Partisan Political Power; Abolish It
- Amitai Etzioni, Theorist of Communitarianism, Dies at 94
- Kagan, Sotomayor Join SCOTUS Cons in Sticking it to Unions
- New Evidence: Rehnquist Pretty Much OK with Plessy v. Ferguson
- Ohio Unions Link Academic Freedom and the Freedom to Strike
- First Round of Obama Administration Oral Histories Focus on Political Fault Lines and Policy Tradeoffs
- The Tulsa Race Massacre was an Attack on Black People; Rebuilding Policies were an Attack on Black Wealth
- British Universities are Researching Ties to Slavery. Conservative Alumni Say "Enough"
- Martha Hodes Reconstructs Her Memory of a 1970 Hijacking
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- New transcript of Ayn Rand at West Point in 1974 shows she claimed “savage" Indians had no right to live here just because they were born here
- The Mexican War Suggests Ukraine May End Up Conceding Crimea. World War I Suggests the Price May Be Tragic if it Doesn't
- The Vietnam War Crimes You Never Heard Of