by Kathleen DuVal
A History Lesson for the Republicans Who Wrote to Iran
SOURCE: The Washington Post
by Marc A. Thiessen
Jesse Helms and other senators through the years, says the author, publicized their objections to US foreign policy initiatives of the president of the U.S.
SOURCE: McClatchy DC
The U.S. Senate Historian’s Office has so far been unable to find another example in the chamber’s history where one political party openly tried to deal with a foreign power against a presidential policy.
SOURCE: USA Today
by Ray Locker
Republican nominee sabotaged Vietnam peace talks before he was elected president.
- The War (Not The Flu) That Saved The World Series
- ‘Unworthy Republic’ Takes an Unflinching Look at Indian Removal in the 1830s
- The Unlikely Story Behind Japanese Americans' Campaign For Reparations
- The U.S. Government Has Mobilized Private Companies to Face Crises Before. Here’s What to Know
- A Side Effect of Remote Teaching During Covid-19? Videos That Can Be Weaponized