We Have a President for a Reason
by Kathleen DuVal
A History Lesson for the Republicans Who Wrote to Iran
SOURCE: The Washington Post
Republicans’ letter to Iran is far from unprecedented
by Marc A. Thiessen
Jesse Helms and other senators through the years, says the author, publicized their objections to US foreign policy initiatives of the president of the U.S.
SOURCE: McClatchy DC
Precedent for GOP’s Iran letter hard to find, historians say
The U.S. Senate Historian’s Office has so far been unable to find another example in the chamber’s history where one political party openly tried to deal with a foreign power against a presidential policy.
SOURCE: USA Today
Nixon betrayal far worse than GOP Iran letter
by Ray Locker
Republican nominee sabotaged Vietnam peace talks before he was elected president.
- Graduate Student Strikes Fight Back Against Decades of Austerity, Seek to Revive Opportunity
- When Right Wingers Struggle with Defining "Woke" it Shows they Oppose Pursuing Equality
- Strangelove on the Square: Secret USAF Films Showed Airmen What to Expect if Nuclear War Broke Out
- The Women of the Montgomery Bus Boycott
- US House "Parental Rights" Bill Threatens to Take Book Banning Nationwide
- New Books Force Consideration of Reconstruction's End from Black Perspective
- Excerpt: How Apartheid South Africa Tried to Create a Libertarian Utopia
- Historian's Book on 1970s NBA Shows Racial Politics around Basketball Have Always Been Ugly
- Kendi: "Anti-woke" Part of Backlash Against Antiracist Protest Movements
- Monica Muñoz Martinez Honored for Truth-Telling in Texas History