by Sam Ben-Meir
The Report is largely about another single-minded individual, Daniel J. Jones (Adam Driver), lead investigator of the Senate Intelligence Committee, who spent five arduous years doggedly uncovering the CIA’s suspect detention and interrogation program following the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by Jennifer M. Pacella
In many instances, whistleblowers find the abusive power they have revealed turned against them, both ending their careers and harming their personal lives.
SOURCE: The American Historical Review
by Thomas Meaney
Based on an encounter with Fanon’s CIA handler, C. Oliver Iselin, Meaney presents the firsthand experience of a mid-level figure in the U.S. security state who participated in the national liberation movements in Africa.
by David Foglesong
A case study from 1979 shows how leaks of misleading information can damage national security.
SOURCE: Informed Comment
by Juan Cole
The difference between Trump and Bush is only a matter of rhetorical style, and Trump hasn’t had the opportunity yet to endanger America the way Bush and the Neoconservatives did.
SOURCE: Imperial & Global Forum
by Robert Whitaker
The Second World War saw the security partnership between America and Britain go from a temporary marriage of convenience to a seemingly eternal aspect of the special relationship.
- The Titanic Wreck Will Now Be Protected Under a 'Momentous Agreement' With the U.S.
- Arrested for having sex with men, this gay civil rights leader could finally be pardoned in California
- Ancient aboriginal aquaculture system older than Stonehenge uncovered by Australia wildfires
- How the Government Came to Decide the Color of Your Food
- In 1851, a Maryland Farmer Tried to Kidnap Free Blacks in Pennsylvania. He Wasn’t Expecting the Neighborhood to Fight Back
- The Way We Write History Has Changed
- Rethinking How We Train Historians
- Building a digital archive for decaying paper documents, preserving centuries of records about enslaved people
- The Radical Lives of Abolitionists
- National Security Archive Releases USCYBERCOM documents which shed new light on the campaign to counter ISIS in cyberspace