Originally published 05/16/2017
The real question isn’t how to regulate fraternities; it’s whether we should have them at all.
Originally published 03/19/2015
M. Alison Kibler
The terms have changed, from racial ridicule to group libel and then hate speech, but the regulation of hate speech stands out as twentieth century tradition, not a new culture war.
Originally published 03/10/2015
The coupling of lynching metaphors with the chanting of segregationist “never” pledge is not accidental.
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past