Originally published 10/09/2017
Residents of a tiny Bolivian hamlet vividly recall the day the guerrilla leader was shot at their school. "For us, this was a time of suffering," says a woman who brought him soup.
Originally published 08/31/2017
Jonathan C. Brown
50 years later, we know.
Originally published 07/10/2015
Francis repeated familiar themes in sharply critiquing the global economic order and warning of environmental catastrophe — but also added a new twist with his apology.
Originally published 05/19/2015
Three skulls found in Bolivia have revealed that torture for reasons other than religious rituals and trophy-head taking was not just an iconographic feature of the pre-Columbian cultures in the region, but a very real practice.
Originally published 02/10/2015
Humans have been spewing pollution into the atmosphere for a long, long time
- Steve Bannon Vows ‘War’ on His Own Party. It Didn’t Work So Well for F.D.R.
- Tom Hanks: 'If you're concerned about what's going on today, read history'
- 9.7-million-year-old teeth discovery in Germany could re-write human history
- Charleston's International African American Museum's big plans
- What’s inside the secret JFK assassination files?
- Presidential historian Michael Beschloss explains the significance of yesterday’s Bush-Obama attack on Trump
- Russian minister keeps doctorate despite plagiarism claims
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian