Gateway to Freedom
Originally published 02/15/2016
The latest honor for Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Eric Foner is a $50,000 award from the New-York Historical Society
The prize is for "Gateway to Freedom: The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad."
Originally published 02/02/2015
Renowned American historian Eric Foner demystifies and clarifies the story of the Underground Railroad in his new book "Gateway to Freedom: The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad."
- The Most Controversial Psych Study Is Repeated — Same Weird Result
- A new book explores the stunning revelation that Hemingway spied for the USSR
- A President’s Restless Corpse May Be on the Move Again in Tennessee
- How China and the U.S. might collide — or not
- Major Viking Age Archaeological Find Discovered in Denmark
- The New York Times celebrates biographer Richard Holmes
- Historians are in demand! (On cruise ships)
- Douglas Brinkley says there’s a "smell of treason in the air"
- Mary Maples Dunn, Advocate of Women’s Colleges and President of Smith, Dies at 85
- Gil Troy says Jews and Israelis are the victims of a “Hate Swarm”