SOURCE: Access WDUN
The latest honor for Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Eric Foner is a $50,000 award from the New-York Historical Society
The prize is for "Gateway to Freedom: The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad."
by Robin Lindley
Renowned American historian Eric Foner demystifies and clarifies the story of the Underground Railroad in his new book "Gateway to Freedom: The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad."
- Hurricane Dorian Unearths Civil War Cannonballs at South Carolina Beach
- Ms. Monopoly is here. Psst: A woman invented the game in the first place
- 9/11 Is History Now. Here's How American Kids Are Learning About It in Class
- Why Don't We Consider Cannabis Part of the American Herbal Renaissance
- A woman who ran for president in 1872 was compared to Satan and locked up. It wasn’t for her emails.
- Historians push to create public archive of documents from massive opioid litigation
- Fake Citations Kill Historian's Career
- Jim McGrath on Podcasts and Public History
- Uncovering the History of Child Psychiatry: A Conversation with Deborah Blythe Doroshow
- Gerald Ford, Impeachment, and The Difference Between Politics and Law Enforcement