Gateway to Freedom
Originally published 02/15/2016
The latest honor for Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Eric Foner is a $50,000 award from the New-York Historical Society
The prize is for "Gateway to Freedom: The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad."
Originally published 02/02/2015
Renowned American historian Eric Foner demystifies and clarifies the story of the Underground Railroad in his new book "Gateway to Freedom: The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad."
- Historian Daniel K. Williams says Democrats have a religion problem
- Bill O’Reilly – America’s best-selling “historian” – ridiculed in Harper’s for writing bad history
- Largest history festival is the UK criticized for being white and male
- Eric Foner doesn’t think much of a book that claims Lincoln moved slowly to emancipate blacks because he was a racist
- Harvard's Moshik Temkin pens op ed in the NYT warning historians not to use analogies