SOURCE: Access WDUN
The latest honor for Pulitzer Prize-winning historian Eric Foner is a $50,000 award from the New-York Historical Society
The prize is for "Gateway to Freedom: The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad."
by Robin Lindley
Renowned American historian Eric Foner demystifies and clarifies the story of the Underground Railroad in his new book "Gateway to Freedom: The Hidden History of the Underground Railroad."
- Oral Histories of Donald Trump's Housing Discrimination Case, the Central Park Five, and More
- A Stolen Letter Written by Alexander Hamilton in 1780 Resurfaces
- ‘It’s art activism’: Charleston artists gather at Calhoun monument, urge its removal
- Chinese Railroad Workers Were Almost Written Out of History. Now They’re Getting Their Due.
- Mayor and ‘Foreign Minister’: How Bernie Sanders Brought the Cold War to Burlington
- The Partisan
- If “living history” role-plays in the classroom can so easily go wrong, why do teachers keep assigning them?
- MIT just cracked open an historic time capsule–here’s what was inside
- Historian Ben Macintyre reveals the gripping story of the KGB agent who saved us from Armageddon in 1983
- Peter Cole's ‘Dockworker Power’ Highlights Transnational Struggles for Justice