University of Oklahoma
Originally published 09/16/2015
Kevin Butterfield was chosen to be on the show out of over 100,000 people who competed in an online test.
Originally published 03/27/2015
Emory’s Leslie Harris says we should remember the racist roots of American colleges as we think about what went wrong at OU and other schools
Demands to rename Tillman Hall at Clemson University, the circulation of a video showing a racist chant at the University of Oklahoma and the discovery of a fraternity pledge book discussing lynching at North Carolina State University demonstrate how persistent racial issues are on college campuses.
Originally published 03/19/2015
M. Alison Kibler
The terms have changed, from racial ridicule to group libel and then hate speech, but the regulation of hate speech stands out as twentieth century tradition, not a new culture war.
Originally published 10/29/2014
The 16-week course will be offered during the upcoming spring semester, officially beginning Jan. 12, providing a way for college students to earn three transferable credits, or for the lifelong learner.
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- From 200 Years Ago, a Lesson About Mass Killings
- The New York Times journalist who secretly led the charge against liberal media bias
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers
- Rashid Khalidi opposes Trump decision on Jerusalem
- Daniel Pipes backs Trump decision on Jerusalem
- The Penn TA who said she calls on black women first won’t be teaching next semester
- Black South African scholars urged to correct white historians’ distortion