Originally published 12/28/2017
"As things become more hopeless, we have to fight more intensely because of issues of integrity, honesty, decency, truth, justice.”
Originally published 12/26/2017
There was no Twitter to fan the flames when W.E.B. Du Bois sparred with Booker T. Washington and Malcolm X argued with Martin Luther King Jr.
Originally published 05/24/2016
West represents a black intellectual critique of Hillary Clinton — and of a middle-class black establishment that's chosen comfort over change.
Originally published 08/28/2014
"Tom Frank, an anti-Obama leftist, interviews Cornel West, another anti-Obama leftist, in a conversation so deeply marinated in shared assumptions that, at one point, both interviewer and interviewee agree that nobody disagrees with them."
- Polish prime minister seeks dialogue with Israel on 'difficult history'
- Writer Makes the Case for Impeaching Clarence Thomas
- Finding a Lock of George Washington’s Hair, and a Link to American History
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit