Originally published 11/18/2016
William J. Mann
The shocking story of how TR and FDR covered up affairs and blackballed members of their family in the service of their political ambitions.
Originally published 10/05/2016
"The biggest mistake is to think too small. This is Theodore Roosevelt after all, not Millard Fillmore."
Originally published 08/27/2016
Just who exactly? Teddy Roosevelt.
Originally published 04/05/2016
Teddy Roosevelt was the Republican insurgent of his time, and his third party turned out to be a footnote.
Originally published 02/01/2016
In 1912, the popular third-party candidate stressed "the right of the people to rule" in the first election to truly test the primary system.
Originally published 12/04/2014
Mary Jo Binker and Brigid O'Farrell
Ken Burns was right to include ER in his portrait of the Roosevelts. He just didn’t do her justice.
Originally published 07/23/2014
Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
"I was fascinated by the story and fascinated about what it can teach us about politics today."
Originally published 10/22/2013
Russell Shorto's engaging history of Amsterdam hits all the highlights.
Originally published 11/12/2015
There's No There There
The powerlessness of nuclear powers to fight one another and win, let alone survive, is more evident than ever.
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz