Originally published 11/18/2016
William J. Mann
The shocking story of how TR and FDR covered up affairs and blackballed members of their family in the service of their political ambitions.
Originally published 10/05/2016
"The biggest mistake is to think too small. This is Theodore Roosevelt after all, not Millard Fillmore."
Originally published 08/27/2016
Just who exactly? Teddy Roosevelt.
Originally published 04/05/2016
Teddy Roosevelt was the Republican insurgent of his time, and his third party turned out to be a footnote.
Originally published 02/01/2016
In 1912, the popular third-party candidate stressed "the right of the people to rule" in the first election to truly test the primary system.
Originally published 12/04/2014
Mary Jo Binker and Brigid O'Farrell
Ken Burns was right to include ER in his portrait of the Roosevelts. He just didn’t do her justice.
Originally published 07/23/2014
Journalist Michael Wolraich says he wrote his new book about the Progressives to teach Americans how to do liberal politics
"I was fascinated by the story and fascinated about what it can teach us about politics today."
Originally published 10/22/2013
Russell Shorto's engaging history of Amsterdam hits all the highlights.
Originally published 11/12/2015
There's No There There
The powerlessness of nuclear powers to fight one another and win, let alone survive, is more evident than ever.
- The original Watergate lock that burglars picked open is going to auction
- Trump, Mueller And The Ancient History Of Grants Of Immunity
- Documents show Gorbachev was assured US wouldn't expand NATO into Central and Eastern Europe
- Memorial to honor 4,000 victims of lynching to be built in Montgomery, Alabama
- Study: Inequality is a phenomenon of the past 10,000 years
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem
- College Board revises AP European history test in response to criticism by conservatives
- AHA says it’s feasible to stop the proposed tax on grad student tuition waivers