SOURCE: The National Interest
by Amitai Etzioni
Donald Trump's response to the COVID-19 pandemic has not renewed "big government." Trump has channeled public funds to private enterprises and left state and local governments responsible for providing services without the resources or power to do the job effectively.
by Elizabeth Stice
While the generations of the past sought to establish public institutions, in our era, there is a relentless push for more privatization, far beyond the postal service.
- The Real Reason the American Economy Boomed After World War II
- Florence Revives Medieval Plague-Era ‘Wine Windows’ for Contactless Service
- Tulane Canceled a Talk by the Author of an Acclaimed Anti-Racism Book After Students Said the Event Was 'Violent'
- Sunday Reading: Hiroshima
- More Than a Century Before the 19th Amendment, Women were Voting in New Jersey
- Black Americans Who Served in WWII Faced Segregation and Second-Class Roles
- Lincoln Library Cancels Exhibition Over Racial Sensitivity Concerns
- Nixon Did Call the Military on Protesters. He Just Covered It Up.
- Historians Pay Tribute: ‘Today We Live In John Hume’s Ireland, And Thank God For That’
- Let Us Drink in Public