Originally published 01/07/2017
AHA Council votes not to take action on petition requesting an investigation into violations of academic freedom in Israel and the West Bank
This ends for now a running campaign to put the AHA on record against Israel's treatment of Palestinians.
Originally published 05/12/2015
Alexander S. Collie
Social justice or academic censorship? Anti-Israel or Pro-Palestine? These are some of the questions that must be grappled with by those who are engaged in the intellectual battle over the Boycott, Divesting, and Sanctioning movement.
Originally published 10/16/2014
"The Palestinian people are creative, vibrant, resourceful, and proud people; they must not continue to live in a state of contrived conditions of misery, fed with empty slogans."
Originally published 07/09/2014
With the killing of three Israeli teen-agers and the apparent revenge murder of a Palestinian youth – possibly burned to death – the hatred between Israelis and Palestinian has reached a new level of obscenity.
Originally published 09/25/2013
Mental illness is the far more likely culprit than bullying in suicides and school shootings.
Originally published 07/18/2014
Liberty and Power
Irfan Khawaja has an excellent post at the Austro-Athenian Empire responding to the usual negative portrayal of the Palestinians, especially the youth. I highly recommend it.
- What Robert E. Lee Wrote to The Times About Slavery in 1858
- ICC orders Mali extremist to pay $3.2 million in reparations
- Political Rage Over Statues? Old News in the Old World
- Deadly U.S. Embassy Bombing in Kenya Was ‘Avoidable,’ According to Scorching New Memoir
- There are certain moments in US history when Confederate monuments go up
- Eric Foner says in an interview that it’s not necessary to remove Confederate statues
- Philip Zelikow says the government should crack down on armed groups of militants
- Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea