Originally published 08/08/2016
Christopher Simon Sykes
The Sykes-Picot Agreement, signed 100 years ago, led to disasters in the Mideast. Yet, as Sykes’s grandson and biographer tells us, Sykes himself was a young idealist.
Originally published 09/24/2013
Jobs moved to the Los Altos house with his foster parents when he was in 7th grade.
Originally published 06/24/2014
Liberty and Power
The wall-to-wall coverage of the disintegration of Iraq ought to carry this credit: This bloodshed was made possible by the generosity of British and French imperialists.
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem