Originally published 03/20/2017
"But I’m worried about the Christian populace at large listening all the time to their media go-to and never being concerned about folks who are trying to see things more broadly."
Originally published 02/02/2017
Barton claims the Declaration of Independence is based on Bible verses.
Originally published 01/30/2017
In Many Ways but Two, Donald Trump Is No Different from Other Presidents Who Were Indifferent to Religion
One is how he’s treated women. Two, is that evangelicals haven’t seemed to care.
Originally published 11/30/2016
They didn’t hold their nose and vote for Trump. They voted enthusiastically. Here’s why.
Originally published 07/28/2016
Thomas S. Kidd
Early evangelical leaders such as George Whitefield and Jonathan Edwards would be utterly perplexed by the way we use the word “evangelical.”
Originally published 11/15/2006
The Ted Haggard scandal gave grassroots evangelicals something to ponder as they entered the voting booth on Tuesday, and it will have reverberations for evangelicalism and for the Religious Right far beyond the mid-term elections.
- Ken Burns making documentary on Muhammad Ali
- Rick Perlstein is asked if Trump’s like Nixon
- Doris Kearns Goodwin Puts Trump's Health Care Defeat In Historical Perspective
- Christina Vella, Author of Sizzling Works of Narrative History, Dies at 75
- Christopher Lasch, the late historian/social commentator, is suddenly everywhere