SOURCE: The New Yorker
by Nicholas Lemann
They didn't understand that Cheney had his own agenda.
The stunning revelation is in Jon Meacham’s new biography of the senior Bush.
SOURCE: Political Wire
“I look at Barack Obama and I see the worst president of my lifetime, without question."
by Alfred W. McCoy
With the release of this Senate report and the media’s pursuit of the facts behind its obfuscations, the full story of abuse, fabrication, and dissimulation inside the CIA is finally starting to emerge.
by Steve Benen
“If we spend our time debating what happened 11 or 12 years ago, we’re going to miss the threat that is growing and that we do face.”
SOURCE: NY Review of Books
by Mark Danner
"What did the third member of the triumvirate, Vice President Cheney—who had known about the conflict for weeks—say at this moment?"
- Eastern Europe Brought Soccer Into the Modern Age. Why is it a Wasteland Now?
- Ties Documented Between Legal Activist Challenging Affirmative Action and White Nationalists
- Work More, Consume Less: The Coercive Nature of Austerity Politics
- Will the Philadelphia Museum Strike Change an Industry?
- Qatar Isn't The First Regime to Polish its Image With a World Cup