Originally published 10/28/2016
Attacks on the headless figure, part of a contentious Barcelona exhibit, show Spain’s continuing struggle with how to confront its dictatorial past.
Originally published 07/18/2016
The divisions caused by the Spanish Civil War, and the decades of dictatorship it ushered in, ending only with Franco’s death in November 1975, continue to ripple through Spain.
Originally published 03/25/2014
Suárez led a new generation of Spanish politicians to power after Franco's death in 1975.
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past