Originally published 02/16/2015
Long before Washington's Birthday was marked by car sales, Americans celebrated their first president by pedaling.
Originally published 02/11/2015
Yet another legacy of the Cold War
Originally published 01/23/2015
He had a reputation as a country bumpkin, but he knew his grammar inside out.
Originally published 02/17/2014
Modern-day leaders could learn a lot from our 16th president.
Originally published 02/18/2013
The bouncing apostrophe bespeaks a certain uncertainty.
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign