Originally published 04/16/2014
At a meeting of the National Council for Public History in Monterey, California, historians had an answer.
Originally published 03/24/2014
The first ever unconference for independent historians proved to be a remarkable success.
Originally published 02/27/2014
Major corporations have stepped into the gap as federal and state arts and humanities budgets are slashed.
Originally published 01/03/2014
According to an AHA panel, simply by doing what public historians do best: by building relationships with the local community.
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award
- Middle East Studies Association Fights a Rising Tide of Critics
- Juan Cole says the postwar Middle East governments were modeled on the Soviet Union, though not communist (interview)