Originally published 04/16/2014
At a meeting of the National Council for Public History in Monterey, California, historians had an answer.
Originally published 03/24/2014
Elizabeth M. Covart
The first ever unconference for independent historians proved to be a remarkable success.
Originally published 02/27/2014
Major corporations have stepped into the gap as federal and state arts and humanities budgets are slashed.
Originally published 01/03/2014
David Austin Walsh
According to an AHA panel, simply by doing what public historians do best: by building relationships with the local community.
- Watch Robert Kennedy Push Gun Control In Same Town As Recent Mass Shooting
- October is LGBT History Month
- Textbook publisher apologizes for passage referring to slavery as immigration
- ISIS Destroys Triumphal Arches in Palmyra, Syria
- Finally some good news for history grads
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81