Originally published 08/22/2017
Scholar of African history says his Jewish background didn’t stop him from writing about Muslims and Africa
Charles L. Geshekter
"If I were to single out two cohorts whose members disproportionately enhanced the exchanges in my classrooms, they would be military veterans and strong Christians."
Originally published 05/03/2017
But it’s one that raises many questions.
Originally published 09/03/2014
It’s been said that one of the reasons the Ebola virus went out of control, undetected, is because so little attention is paid to Africa. Not only is little attention paid to issues in current Africa, but very little is known about African history.
Originally published 12/18/2013
Shannen Dee Williams
The controversy over NBC's live remake of "The Sound of Music," starring black actress Audra McDonald as the Mother Abbess.
Originally published 12/16/2013
Historical fact and the fiction of 'Benito Cereno.'
- Polish prime minister seeks dialogue with Israel on 'difficult history'
- Writer Makes the Case for Impeaching Clarence Thomas
- Finding a Lock of George Washington’s Hair, and a Link to American History
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit