SOURCE: The New Republic
Todd Gitlin's Work Against the Dark
by Jeffrey C. Isaac
As an activist and later a chronicler of Students for a Democratic Society, Todd Gitlin shaped the path and the legacy of the New Left.
Review of Bruce Dancis’s “Resister: A Story of Protest and Prison During the Vietnam War”
by Murray Polner
Dancis and many in his like-minded allies once believed they could bring about permanent, serious and nonviolent change.
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations