Originally published 12/01/2013
From the Revolution through to the Civil War, the South dominated American political life.
Originally published 11/25/2013
The South's resistance to Obamacare rings some historical bells.
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean