Originally published 11/07/2016
“The old cross-denominational coalition of the religious right, one that had been in place since the 1970s has been deeply fragmented.”
Originally published 12/19/2013
The pope is saying it is time for a new kind of political conversation.
Originally published 11/14/2013
How quickly Christian evangelicals forget their movement has a long history of demanding government intervention.
- Historian David Kaiser says the most exciting day of his life was JFK’s election
- Michael Bliss, Historian Who Dispelled Myths of Insulin’s Discovery, Dies at 76
- Jill Lepore: Americans Aren't Just Divided Politically, They're Divided Over History Too
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools