C. Vann Woodward
Originally published 09/08/2014
Two mid-century scholars are finally getting their due
Originally published 11/12/2013
During his long career Woodward ranked as the leading historian of the post-Civil War South.
Originally published 04/23/2017
There's No There There
The certain outcome of a war against North Korea would mean leaving Pyongyang and Seoul in ashes and millions dead including U.S. troops.
- Did Squanto meet Pocahontas in London?
- Thanksgiving: Early Colonists Ate Turkey... But Also Horses, Rats And Snakes, Archaeologists Say
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction