C. Vann Woodward
Originally published 09/08/2014
Two mid-century scholars are finally getting their due
Originally published 11/12/2013
During his long career Woodward ranked as the leading historian of the post-Civil War South.
Originally published 04/23/2017
There's No There There
The certain outcome of a war against North Korea would mean leaving Pyongyang and Seoul in ashes and millions dead including U.S. troops.
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments