Originally published 08/15/2014
It is too easy to think that keeping the sick out of the nation will protect America’s health.
Originally published 08/11/2014
A quick tour through history of the worst of the worst pandemics.
Originally published 10/22/2013
The spread of the Black Death in the 14th Century reveals our medieval ancestors' social networks and shows how connected they were.
- Roman Gladiators ate a mostly vegetarian diet and drank a tonic of ashes after training
- Massachusetts is celebrating the 250th anniversary of the wedding of John and Abigail Adams
- King Tut had overbite, club foot because his parents were brother and sister
- Prehistoric humans were far smarter than previously assumed
- Priests race to save manuscripts from jihadists in Iraq
- 2 conservative groups are leading the fight against the new AP standards
- The secret of successful history departments
- AHA president suggests older historians should consider making way for younger historians
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China