Originally published 12/12/2016
David A. Horowitz
The Second Ku Klux Klan of the 1920s arguably represents the combination of white cultural nationalism, traditional morality, and populist self-identity we are seeing today.
Originally published 08/11/2014
The team of network scientists used the birth and death locations of more than 150,000 intellectuals to map their mobility patterns in order to identify the major cultural centers on the two continents over two millennia.
Originally published 10/21/2013
The St. Louis Browns (since 1953, the Baltimore Orioles) still have their fans in the old hometown.
Originally published 09/24/2015
Here Are One Dozen Reasons Why The Nuclear Agreement with Iran Is Better than the One with North Korea
Failing to understand this would be a historic mistake.
- Before Ivanka Trump, other presidential daughters also wielded influence at the White House
- South Carolina Republican: scrap slave memorial if Confederate monument goes
- A 130,000-Year-Old Mastodon Threatens to Upend Human History
- Trump just promised the biggest tax cut in history
- An African Diaspora group at Columbia University draped a KKK hood over Thomas Jefferson
- Accused plagiarist Matthew Whitaker wins arbitration case against City of Phoenix over police contract
- Niall Ferguson says the liberal international order has passed its peak
- Nathaniel Philbrick wins the $50,000 2017 George Washington Prize
- In an interview Jill Lepore explains how she writes and the writers she admires most
- Trump is no Hitler – he’s a Mussolini, says Oxford historian