Originally published 06/03/2015
The year 2015 marks the 50th anniversary of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision Griswold v. Connecticut, in which the court overturned the constitutionality of the state’s law that had long restricted access to birth control and contraceptive information.
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.
- How Does It Feel To Have One’s Work as a Historian Cited by the Supreme Court? Cool. Very Cool. Thank You Very Much.
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- David Hackett Fischer wins $100,000 prize for lifetime achievement in military writing