University of South Carolina
Originally published 12/06/2017
The university's trustees voted in April to erect the markers, in part a response to student protests in 2015 that bemoaned the lack of emphasis on diversity on campus.
Originally published 08/27/2016
University of South Carolina historian warns that students are missing out by not majoring in history
"It is ironic that only a year after the Confederate battle flag was removed from the State House — after a heated public debate among South Carolinians over competing interpretations of our history — the academic major of history is in apparent decline among new freshmen at USC.” — Christine Caldwell Ames
Originally published 10/16/2013
The law diploma earned by the University of South Carolina’s first African-American faculty member is back at USC.
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past
- Linda Gordon’s new book captures how white supremacy has long been part of our political mainstream
- Yale Civil Rights history course is a "call to action" and a chance "to be woke”
- Gil Troy back’s Trump decision on Jerusalem