Originally published 12/29/2015
"We would never work 16 hours a day for 84 straight days on the ground, and we should not be expected to do it here in space." - Skylab 4 Commander Jerry Carr to NASA, just before the crew went on strike
Originally published 10/14/2013
Carpenter's death leaves John Glenn as the only member of the Mercury Seven still living.
Originally published 03/18/2015
It's the greatest presidential speech in history, but for a long time, it was either forgotten or misconstrued.
- Did Squanto meet Pocahontas in London?
- Thanksgiving: Early Colonists Ate Turkey... But Also Horses, Rats And Snakes, Archaeologists Say
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction