Originally published 12/04/2017
Artemis Spyrou and Wolfgang Mittig
A uranium nucleus could split in half releasing huge amounts of energy. This finding at the dawn of World War II was the start of a scientific and military race to understand and use this new atomic source of power.
Originally published 04/27/2016
For many people in the West, Chernobyl has served as a kind of referendum on nuclear power.
Originally published 10/11/2013
Lawrence S. Wittner
General Electric ships jobs overseas, doesn't pay taxes, and actively endangers Americans.
Originally published 02/01/2015
Mark Byrnes's Facing Backwards
Why The Civil War: The Musical is both top notch -- with a great set and costumes -- and also deeply flawed.
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past