Originally published 04/27/2016
For many people in the West, Chernobyl has served as a kind of referendum on nuclear power.
Originally published 10/11/2013
Lawrence S. Wittner
General Electric ships jobs overseas, doesn't pay taxes, and actively endangers Americans.
Originally published 02/01/2015
Mark Byrnes's Facing Backwards
Why The Civil War: The Musical is both top notch -- with a great set and costumes -- and also deeply flawed.
- Historians Question Trump’s Comments on Confederate Monuments
- Baltimore Removes Confederate Statues in Overnight Operation
- How the Nazi Flags in Charlottesville Look to a German
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery to remove Confederate monument after calls from activists and vandalism threats
- Protesters pull down Confederate statue in North Carolina
- N. D. B. Connolly says Charlottesville showed that liberalism can’t defeat white supremacy
- Historian William I. Hitchcock schools policymakers: Ike never threatened to use nukes in North Korea
- Ibram X. Kendi asks and answers this question: What would Jefferson say about white supremacists descending upon his university?
- Yale’s Beverly Gage slams Columbia’s Mark Lilla’s polemic in the New York Times Book Review
- NYT’s review of Nancy MacLean’s book, “Democracy in Chains,” ignores the debate about her use of evidence