Originally published 02/21/2014
Lawrence S. Wittner
An adjunct teaching a full-time load makes roughly $20,000. Robert Zimmer, president of the University of Chicago, makes $3.4 million.
Originally published 10/29/2013
The story of medievalist Melissa Bruninga-Matteau.
Originally published 10/07/2013
David Austin Walsh
The Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette profiles efforts to organize non-tenure-track faculty at the University of Illinois.
Originally published 05/23/2016
They may be out of sight. They shouldn't be out of mind. A case in point.
Originally published 10/30/2014
To read this interview click here.
- Support grows for Smithsonian museum of women’s history
- History Lesson: How the Democrats pushed Obamacare through the Senate
- Oldest women’s college in US – Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia – seeks to atone for Ku Klux Klan’s legacy
- Ancient Egyptian Writing: New Symbols Reveal Development Of Hieroglyphics
- Dr. Suess museum chided for failing to address head-on his racist statements during WW2
- Lonnie Bunch says the nooses found at the Smithsonian recently show why black people cannot get over the past
- Andrew Bacevich bemoans the loss of authority of historians
- It’s Time for Historians of Slavery to Listen to Economists
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war