SOURCE: NY Times
How a Chase Bank Chairman Helped the Deposed Shah of Iran Enter the U.S.
The fateful decision in 1979 to admit Mohammed Reza Pahlavi prompted the seizure of the American Embassy in Tehran and helped doom the Carter presidency.
SOURCE: The National Interest
Six Myths about the Coup against Iran's Mossadegh
by Morgan Carlston
The CIA is often blamed for the August 1953 coup removing Iranian Prime Minister Mohammad Mossadegh from power. But a careful examination of older studies reveal that common conceptions of the events and chronology are flawed.
SOURCE: CBS News
CIA releases classified docs, confirming role in 1953 Iran coup
August 20, 2013 12:15 PM EDT — For the first time, the CIA is acknowledging that it organized the overthrow of Iran's government in 1953. (CBS News) [CLICK LINK FOR VIDEO]
- House Hearings on Campus Speech Show Different Perceptions of the Problem
- Mark Russell, DC's Piano-Playing Political Satirist, Dies at 90
- Trans Texans, Fearing Violence Inspired by Legislation and Rhetoric, Look to Armed Self-Defense
- How Paris Kicked out the Cars
- Vatican Repudiates "Doctrine of Discovery" that Justified Colonialism by Catholic Nations