Chamber of Commerce
SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
The Fissure Between Republicans and Business is Less Surprising than it Seems
by Jennifer Delton
Friction between the Trump-led Republican Party and big business organizations like the Chamber of Commerce over supposed "woke capitalism" isn't a new story. Big business's partisan allegiances have shifted according to capital's interests for decades.
Why the Business Community and the GOP Base are Parting Ways on Immigration
by Elizabeth Tandy Shermer
Executives have made little attempt to bridge the economic and political divides their predecessors created between workers and managers.
- Jeremi Suri: Texas Higher Ed Conflict "Doesn't Have to Be This Way"
- Stanley Engerman, Co-Author of Controversial History of American Slavery, Dies at 87
- Professor Helps Rescue "Lost" Asian American Silent Film
- Canada Day Festivities Spark Controversy over National History
- German Government Panel of Historians Begins Inquiry into 1972 Munich Olympics Killings