Originally published 07/09/2013
The job of coming up with a deception plan fell to a small inter-departmental intelligence team, the Twenty Committee, which specialized in producing double agents (The Twenty Committee was often identified by the symbols XX, standing for double cross).
- Abolition Day Kicks Off Year-Long Campaign to Commemorate Frederick Douglass in North Carolina
- Memoirs of an Emperor: Hirohito’s Account of World War II Sells for $275,000
- What Happened to the American Boomtown?
- Trump, Rejecting Calls to Stay Away, Speaks at Civil Rights Museum
- John Lewis Is Skipping a Civil Rights Museum Opening
- Pakistani Historian Mobarak Haidar says Muslims “have no religious basis to rule Jerusalem”
- AHA Announces Last-Minute Sessions Timed to News Events
- Columbia’s William Connell tells NPR why Italian-Americans embraced Columbus
- Scholar risked everything to tell Islamic State’s secrets