Originally published 12/04/2014
Mary Lynne Evans
It’s the 100th anniversary of his birth. Wales is celebrating. But what are we celebrating?
Originally published 09/25/2013
A history of the country’s struggle with alcoholism, and why the government has done so little about it.
Originally published 09/09/2007
Edward G. Longacre
Credit: Wiki Commons/HNN staff.
Originally published 05/11/2003
Katherine van Wormer
Dry drunk is a slang term used by members and supporters of Alcoholics Anonymous and substance abuse counselors to describe the recovering alcoholic who is no longer drinking, one who is dry, but whose thinking is clouded. Such an individual is said to be dry but not truly sober. Such an individual tends to go to extremes.
- 10 Historians on What Will Be Said About President Obama's Legacy
- Harvard art historian James S. Ackerman Dies at 97
- Obama’s Legacy as a Historian
- Jack Rakove tells League of Women Voters Electoral College needs to be abolished
- Juan Cole says Chelsea Manning’s leaks contributed to the revolution in Tunisia