Originally published 09/25/2013
A history of the country’s struggle with alcoholism, and why the government has done so little about it.
Originally published 09/09/2007
Credit: Wiki Commons/HNN staff.
- Ted Widmer picks the 5 best presidential books worth reading
- AHA backs California's LGBT History law
- Cultural historian traces history of baby food
- Jules Witcover identifies the best and worst veeps in US history in an interview about his new book
- USC history professor studies Civil War experience through the senses