Originally published 03/27/2014
Schell strengthened the bridge between republican commitments and cosmopolitan openings.
Originally published 03/26/2014
Schell represented a WASP cultural sensibility and poured it into the beginnings of a transracial, global civil society.
Originally published 01/17/2013
American soldier burning a dwelling during the My Lai massacre on March 16, 1968. Credit: U.S. Army.For half a century we have been arguing about “the Vietnam War.” Is it possible that we didn’t know what we were talking about? After all that has been written (some 30,000 books and counting), it scarcely seems possible, but such, it turns out, has literally been the case.
- Congress Has a History of Legislating in Secrecy
- At James Madison’s home, slaves’ lives matter as much as the man who owned them
- Destroying Great Mosque of al-Nuri 'is Isis declaring defeat'
- At Watergate, Recalling a Burglary That Toppled a President
- Hidden Trove of Suspected Nazi Artifacts Found in Argentina
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war
- Historians defend scholar who studies Poland and Holocaust
- Max Boot Says "Donald Trump Is Proving Too Stupid to Be President"
- Historians called on to write books that impact the public