Originally published 10/08/2013
The Smithsonian features alcohol as medical prescriptions.
Originally published 06/10/2013
For decades, the last remnants of a Prohibition Era bootlegging operation shut down by federal authorities in 1932 have rested on a peaceful swath of farmland in upstate New York.Now, the property in rural Pine Plains, N.Y., is set to once again host a production facility for alcoholic beverages—this time, a legal one.Dutch's Spirits, founded by two friends who met as roommates at the University of Chicago, plans to build a new distillery there and host tours and tastings that incorporate the complex of bunkers and tunnels still on the site....
Originally published 11/09/2014
To read this interview click here.
- 1,000 + have signed a petition protesting US government plan to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War
- Historian and raconteur Raychauduri dies in UK
- Group is drawing attention to the historic swath between Gettysburg and Monticello
- Conference delves into effects of climate change on native people
- History professor says the Vikings never came to Newfoundland