Originally published 04/18/2017
Allan J. Lichtman
In the early stages of his presidency, he has already begun matching the abuses of Nixon.
Originally published 04/17/2017
Ronald L. Feinman
Presidents John Tyler and Andrew Johnson, two previous presidents who faced impeachment.
Originally published 04/14/2017
The professor’s last prediction came true (he predicted Trump’s election) .
Originally published 03/22/2017
Only two presidents in history have been impeached, but murmurs continue to surround Trump.
Originally published 12/15/2016
Forget about Federalist 68 — it's Hamilton's Federalist 65, with its discussion of impeachment, that we'll want to study.
Originally published 07/26/2014
Some on the right welcome impeachment. Peter Rodino in 1974 did not.
Originally published 07/22/2014
Albert R. Hunt
The impeachment of President Bill Clinton and the calls to do so for George W. Bush and now Barack Obama are petty and frivolous by comparison.
Originally published 05/16/2013
Conrad Black is the author of Franklin Delano Roosevelt: Champion of Freedom, Richard M. Nixon: A Life in Full, and the recently published A Matter of Principle. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- An African Diaspora group at Columbia University draped a KKK hood over Thomas Jefferson
- Documents show how CIA connived with Chilean publisher to overthrow Allende
- Is Trump right that he's signed more executive orders than FDR in his first 100 days?
- 500 Years After Expulsion, Sicily’s Jews Reclaim a Lost History
- Pollution Hurts Some People More Than Others. That’s Been True for Centuries.
- Trump is no Hitler – he’s a Mussolini, says Oxford historian
- Rick Perlstein’s still drawing brickbats for his confession in the NYT that historians (like him) have misinterpreted modern conservatism
- “Historians are shockingly dismissive of people in ‘flyover country,’ ” says Pulitzer-winning historian T. J. Stiles
- UNC history department in uproar after a professor’s course on sports history was cancelled
- French bestseller is a dense history of France written by 122 academics