Originally published 09/30/2016
Timothy Garton Ash
Throughout human history there have been individuals who have been ready to risk everything for their beliefs.
Originally published 09/20/2016
The University of California Berkeley has reinstated a student-led course called “Palestine: A Settler Colonial Analysis,” after public outcry over its suspension last week.
Originally published 12/04/2015
James C. Cobb
What the students at Yale, Amherst and other places could learn from C. Vann Woodward.
Originally published 12/03/2014
This time it’s attacks on the critics of Israel.
Originally published 07/02/2014
In a dramatic turn of events last week, the US Supreme Court overturned a 2007 law that separated and protected women who sought abortions and health care from the zealots who intimated and threatened them.
Originally published 05/07/2014
“While liberal justices are over all more supportive of free speech claims than conservative justices, the votes of both liberal and conservative justices tend to reflect their preferences toward the ideological groupings of the speaker.”
Originally published 05/11/2013
Image via Shutterstock.
- Nazi Doctor Mengele Now Himself Object of Medical Study
- Critics Attacked, History Revised as China Nationalism Rises
- Unpopular out of the gate, Trump making history one more time
- A New Martin Luther King Jr. Parade Divides a Virginia Town
- Trump Changes Plans on MLK Day Visit To African American History Museum
- Secret WWI telegram holds lessons for today, historians say
- Antisemite, Holocaust denier … yet David Irving claims fresh support
- Timothy Garton Ash says liberalism failed in 2016 because it had succeeded
- Tim Naftali calls on Obama to declassify US intelligence community's assessment of Russian intentions and activities in the 2016 presidential election
- David Olusoga says Britain’s black history has been shamefully whitewashed