Originally published 06/03/2015
Timothy R. Furnish
Islamic artists have been doing it for centuries.
Originally published 01/10/2015
The University of Michigan's Christiane Gruber says "The Koran does not prohibit figural imagery."
Originally published 04/28/2013
Credit: Wiki Commons.Originally posted on Informed Comment.I’ve always liked Andrew Sullivan even when I disagree with him. I’m going to disagree with him, or more specifically Alexis de Tocqueville and one of his readers who quotes him:
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian