SOURCE: The Guardian
Both demographic change in the North and shifts in United Kingdom politics have made Irish reunification a reasonable possibility to discuss.
by Brian Hanley
Irish republicans advanced their cause by association with the rising tide of anti-imperialism and the endorsement of national self-determination by Woodrow Wilson, as well as a promiscuous set of alliances with Black nationalists like Marcus Garvey and the new Italian fascist movement.
DUBLIN — The leader of the Irish nationalist party Sinn Fein testified Monday in a Belfast court against his own brother, who faces criminal charges of raping his daughter — an alleged crime that Adams himself admitted he’d kept secret within the family.Gerry Adams, a reputed longtime commander of the outlawed Irish Republican Army and party leader for 30 years, insisted under cross-examination that he didn’t delay telling police to preserve his own political career atop Irish republicanism....
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism