Originally published 12/11/2015
Patrick J. Charles
He also might want to reconsider Originalism. Oh, and the NRA once supported the position he now blasts as unconstitutional!
Originally published 06/29/2015
Thomas wrote that there is no "dignity" clause in the US Constitution — and that, even if there was, the government could not bestow it upon a person or take it away.
Originally published 05/14/2015
Historian Alan Singer says he’s not qualified to be on the Supreme Court and neither are Roberts, Scalia, Alito or Thomas
That’s because he’s an activist and so are they.
Originally published 05/05/2014
Thomas believes that racism is so profoundly inscribed in the white soul that you’ll never be able to remove it.
Originally published 04/19/2014
He attended antiwar rallies to protest the Vietnam War?
Originally published 03/21/2013
Richard Canedo teaches history at Lincoln School in Providence, RI, and he graduated from a fine liberal arts college.
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)