Originally published 04/03/2017
Unlike Donald Trump, Lyndon Johnson had years of political experience that enabled him to pass his landmark Medicare legislation.
Originally published 03/28/2017
"By going for this crazy, difficult, complicated problem first — without knowing you had your own party behind you — I think it's just gonna cast a shadow on everything else."
Originally published 12/17/2013
Nancy C. Unger
Santa Clara University does not generally impose religious doctrine on its staff, faculty or students... except in this case.
Originally published 04/24/2013
Emily K. Abel
Pediatric ward, University of Pennsylvania Hospital, 1907.Although most terminally ill Americans define a good death as one that occurs at home surrounded by family, a high proportion of people die alone in hospitals, tethered to machines. And many high technology treatments administered to dying patients impose enormous financial costs and inflict additional suffering without significantly extending life.
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?