Originally published 01/20/2015
Bernard von Bothmer
The astonishing tale of the University of Washington's crew team's improbable quest for Olympic gold in 1936
Originally published 01/13/2015
It is still not too late for European policy makers – and historians – to get this lesson right.
Originally published 01/10/2015
Economic historian Barry Eichengreen says our leaders ignored many of the key lessons of the Great Depression
“Once we averted a Great Depression, we succumbed to the instinct to do less in order to sustain economic growth.”
Originally published 08/28/2014
A new project from Yale invites viewers to explore some 175,000 images of America in the 1930s and '40s.
Originally published 06/08/2013
Credit: Life Magazine.
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments