Originally published 01/20/2015
Bernard von Bothmer
The astonishing tale of the University of Washington's crew team's improbable quest for Olympic gold in 1936
Originally published 01/13/2015
It is still not too late for European policy makers – and historians – to get this lesson right.
Originally published 01/10/2015
Economic historian Barry Eichengreen says our leaders ignored many of the key lessons of the Great Depression
“Once we averted a Great Depression, we succumbed to the instinct to do less in order to sustain economic growth.”
Originally published 08/28/2014
A new project from Yale invites viewers to explore some 175,000 images of America in the 1930s and '40s.
Originally published 06/08/2013
Credit: Life Magazine.
- Professor says historic outhouses underappreciated in American Southwest, urges preservation
- Suspect in the destruction of a Timbuktu mausoleum to be tried in the International Criminal Court
- Museums moving to protect works of cultural significance when danger threatens
- How U.S. immigration laws and rules have changed through history
- This is one reason why Palmyra matters
- Historians issue statement in support of European migrants
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81
- History professor gives Pittsburgh, PA columnist an “F” for a op ed on slavery