Originally published 01/20/2015
Bernard von Bothmer
The astonishing tale of the University of Washington's crew team's improbable quest for Olympic gold in 1936
Originally published 01/13/2015
It is still not too late for European policy makers – and historians – to get this lesson right.
Originally published 01/10/2015
Economic historian Barry Eichengreen says our leaders ignored many of the key lessons of the Great Depression
“Once we averted a Great Depression, we succumbed to the instinct to do less in order to sustain economic growth.”
Originally published 08/28/2014
A new project from Yale invites viewers to explore some 175,000 images of America in the 1930s and '40s.
Originally published 06/07/2013
Credit: Life Magazine.
- Snopes debunks slavery Internet meme
- Revamped Chinese History Journal Welcomes Hard-Line Writers
- Poll: 3 Out of 5 Texan Trump Supporters Want Secession if Hillary Clinton Is Elected
- The Psychiatric Question: Is It Fair to Analyze Donald Trump From Afar?
- Minorities still feel Eugene, Oregon’s historical link to the Ku Klux Klan
- Ernst Nolte, Historian Whose Views on Hitler Caused an Uproar, Dies at 93
- Japan should give formal apology for wartime aggression, says historian
- Historian Benjamin Madley says what whites did to Indians in the 19th century in California was genocide.
- Kevin Baker says America needs to bring back political machines
- Covell Meyskens uses his blog to show what life was like under Mao. (Interview)