Originally published 01/20/2015
Bernard von Bothmer
The astonishing tale of the University of Washington's crew team's improbable quest for Olympic gold in 1936
Originally published 01/13/2015
It is still not too late for European policy makers – and historians – to get this lesson right.
Originally published 01/10/2015
Economic historian Barry Eichengreen says our leaders ignored many of the key lessons of the Great Depression
“Once we averted a Great Depression, we succumbed to the instinct to do less in order to sustain economic growth.”
Originally published 08/28/2014
A new project from Yale invites viewers to explore some 175,000 images of America in the 1930s and '40s.
Originally published 06/07/2013
Credit: Life Magazine.
- Obama May Create Monument to Gay Rights Movement
- China to release last prisoner jailed over Tiananmen Square protests
- Marine Corps investigating photo of iconic flag-raising on Iwo Jima
- Scholars Blast New Study Tracing Ashkenazi Jews to Khazars of Ancient Turkey
- Legendary Explorer’s Long-Lost Ship May Have Been Found Off Rhode Island
- The Historian Whitewashing Ukraine’s Past
- Andrew Roberts wins $250,000 prize from the conservative Bradley Foundation
- Daniel Aaron, Critic and Historian Who Pioneered American Studies, Dies at 103
- Liz Covart's amazingly popular podcast helps her audience understand early American history
- Justus Rosenberg is still teaching at age 95