Contract With America
SOURCE: Made By History at the Washington Post
The GOP Agenda Probably Won't Influence Midterms – the "Contract with America" Didn't
by Robert Fleegler
Long-simmering trends and anti-incumbent sentiment gave Republican House candidates a strong tailwind in 1994; the Contract with America policy agenda became an explanation after the fact, but was seldom referenced in the campaign.
SOURCE: Los Angeles Review of Books
“Wright-Gate” and Newt’s Ruthless Playbook (Review)
Although he had dogs ranging from a Doberman pinscher to a cocker spaniel, young Newt Gingrich took particular delight in feeding hard-boiled eggs to his extensive collection of snakes. Julian Zelizer's new book on the Republican Revolution examines his appetite for conflict and political treachery.
- O'Mara: Politics and Commercial Pressure, not ChatGPT, are the Threats
- Why are the Dems Denying DC Self-Government?
- Anastasia Curwood on Shirley Chisholm's Childhood Heroes
- After Studying Housing Discrimination, This Historian is Fighting it in Court
- How Textbook Publishers are Censoring the Story of Rosa Parks to Sell Books in Florida