SOURCE: Made By History at The Washington Post
by Jeanne Theoharis
The history of social unrest like the 1965 Watts Rebellion must acknowledge that public authorities had ignored peaceful demands for inclusion and opportunity from communities of color for years before the unrest.
- Why are Historians at War with the New York Times?
- Labor Historian: Amazon's Warehouse Victory is a Big Step, But Just a Step
- John Mack Faragher on California History as American History
- Nicole Hemmer Reviews Martin and Burns's "This Will Not Pass"
- "We're Still Here": Past and Present Collide at a Native American Residential School