Jimmy Carter and The Myth That Gave the Iowa Caucuses Their Political Power
by Wallace Hettle
Carter focused on the state and did well in the caucuses, which set him, an unknown, on the path to the nomination. Presidential hopefuls have flocked to the state ever since. However, Carter’s story is not quite that simple.
The Carter Presidency Reconsidered
by Richard Moe
“We told the truth, we obeyed the law, we kept the peace and we championed human rights.”
History Does Not Bode Well for President Trump’s Peace Plan
by Yoav J. Tenembaum
History has taught us that every attempt by the United States to settle the Arab Israeli conflict by advancing its own peace plan has failed.
What 2020 Presidential Hopefuls Can Learn From Carter, Clinton, and Obama's Foreign Policy
by Ronald L. Feinman
It would be wise if the next President of the United States examined the records of accomplishment in foreign policy of the three most recent Democratic Presidents.
How the Empire Struck Back Starting with Jimmy Carter
by Jeremy Kuzmarov
Even though Carter wants to be remembered as a peace president, the fact is that his presidency was crucial to the revival of American militarism after Vietnam.
SOURCE: The Hill
President Carter’s vice-presidential legacy
by Joel K. Goldstein
Part of his underappreciated legacy as president was the historic role he played in elevating the vice presidency from an awkward, standby position to a constructive part of government on an ongoing basis.
Liberals yearn to believe in post-ideological blank slates -- and get disappointed every time. Will we ever learn?
by Thomas Frank
“We are such losers”
SOURCE: Telegraph (UK)
Tutankhamun could have been lost forever
Tomorrow marks the 90th anniversary of the moment that the Earl of Carnarvon and Howard Carter, working in primitive conditions in the desert, found and opened the tomb.They became the first people to lay eyes upon the boy king's sarcophagus in 3,000 years, and also made an “extraordinary contribution” to our historical understanding, the fifth earl’s ancestor and namesake George Herbert has said.Ahead of the anniversary the current Lord Carnarvon praised the "determined and stoic behaviour" of the archaeological team....
- A Secret Joke Clouds Harvard's Affirmative Action Case
- An Amateur Historian Helped Find Richard III's Remains Under a Parking Garage. Her Story Hits the Screen
- Why LAUSD Teachers Walked Out
- The Role of US Evangelicals in Radicalizing Ugandans Against LGBTQ Rights
- Culture Warrior Chris Rufo is DeSantis's Most Important Ally
- The PR War for Cancer Awareness has Reduced the Stigma, but not the Cost, of Illness
- The Jim Crow Reign of Terror
- Francesca Morgan Dissects the American Obsession with Genealogy
- Florida Legislation Recalls the Tragic History behind Fights for Sex Education
- Kate Strasdin Breaks Down Authenticity on Bridgerton and other Costume Dramas