Puerto Rico Needs Public Electric Utilities, Not More Privatization
by Alex Standen
Worker protest movements created the public utilities that used to provide electricity to Puerto Rico. In the face of the disastrous failure of the privatized utility system highlighted by Hurricanes Fiona and Maria, a similar movement is needed now.
SOURCE: Washington Post
The Answer to the Media Industry’s Woes? Publicly Owned Newspapers.
by Victor Pickard
Local democracy requires coverage of local news. As the commercial media fail to provide it, it's time to reconsider the history of municipal newspapers.
Internet Access Proves Necessary to ‘Participate in Life’ During Pandemic
Harvard Law Professor Susan Crawford argues that the regulatory system for electric utilities established by Franklin Roosevelt in the 1930s is a model for necessary reforms to the telecommunicatins industry to ensure all Americans can access the internet.
- A Secret Joke Clouds Harvard's Affirmative Action Case
- An Amateur Historian Helped Find Richard III's Remains Under a Parking Garage. Her Story Hits the Screen
- Why LAUSD Teachers Walked Out
- The Role of US Evangelicals in Radicalizing Ugandans Against LGBTQ Rights
- Culture Warrior Chris Rufo is DeSantis's Most Important Ally
- The PR War for Cancer Awareness has Reduced the Stigma, but not the Cost, of Illness
- The Jim Crow Reign of Terror
- Francesca Morgan Dissects the American Obsession with Genealogy
- Florida Legislation Recalls the Tragic History behind Fights for Sex Education
- Kate Strasdin Breaks Down Authenticity on Bridgerton and other Costume Dramas