Originally published 02/12/2013
Historian Dr. Dirk Ballendorf passed away in his sleep on Monday morning, according to the University of Guam. He was 73.Ballendorf, a professor of Micronesian Studies at the University of Guam for 30 years, authored 11 books and more than 200 articles on Micronesian History and Culture. His works include the co-authoring of “A Secret Guam Study,” which required him to sue the Departments of State, Interior, and Defense for documents relating to the political status of Guam....
- Did Squanto meet Pocahontas in London?
- Thanksgiving: Early Colonists Ate Turkey... But Also Horses, Rats And Snakes, Archaeologists Say
- Sources: McMaster Mocked Trump’s Intelligence at a Private Dinner
- The JFK assassination files lead back to Seattle
- Princeton investigates its connection to slavery at a two-day symposium
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race
- Heather Ann Thompson says what went on at Attica is worse than we thought
- Princeton’s Jan T. Gross warns that Poland’s showing signs of turning decisively in a fascist direction