by Jim Downs
Buttigieg is getting slammed for being a type of gay man America doesn’t understand.
SOURCE: NBC News
“I would imagine we’ve probably had excellent presidents who were gay, we just didn’t know which ones,” Pete Buttigieg told Axios. Historians weigh in.
SOURCE: The Conversation
by David Mislin
A century ago views such as Buttigieg’s flourished in the Midwest.
by Julian Zelizer
In retrospect, his unexpected viability makes a lot of sense.
- How Minneapolis made Prince
- This Art Was Looted 123 Years Ago. Will It Ever Be Returned?
- 75 Years After Auschwitz Liberation, Worry That ‘Never Again’ Is Not Assured
- Marker will honor civil rights activist Fannie Lou Hamer
- The Titanic Wreck Will Now Be Protected Under a 'Momentous Agreement' With the U.S.
- The Future of the Academy at the Association of American Colleges and Universities
- The Way We Write History Has Changed
- Rethinking How We Train Historians
- Building a digital archive for decaying paper documents, preserving centuries of records about enslaved people
- The Radical Lives of Abolitionists